American Hotel

     (Redirected from Marden House)
InfoInfo
Search:    

American Hotel was a Davisville hotel in existence as early as 1870. In 1872, the hotel was home to the town's first library which operated from one of the rooms upstairs. The library was operated by Mrs. Marden and Mrs. Crawford, two women whose husbands worked in the hotel business. In 1878, W. H. Marden purchased the hotel, and it became known as the Marden House. It was a two-story building that underwent a few expansions, eventually containing a total of 35 rooms. Before the town had a dedicated plank jail structure, the American Hotel was also used to detain lawbreakers. The hotel stood about where KetMoRee is now.

This is a Wiki Spot wiki. Wiki Spot is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that helps communities collaborate via wikis.