Asmundson Hall is located off of California Avenue, north of Hutchison Hall. It was built in 1954 as the animal husbandry building and named for Dr. Vigfus S. Asmundson [1895-1974], a pioneer in poultry genetics and whose son, Vigfus A. Asmundson Esq., later held the position of city mayor.
Asmundson Hall mainly houses labs doing Vegetable Crops research. Some of the labs housed in the building include the Abel laboratory and St. Clair laboratory [some of these labs hire undergraduates]. On the second floor is the Jack Hanna Conference Room in which some courses are held, and holds a lot of historical information (photographs, awards, plaques, honors) to Jack Hanna and vegetable research at the University of California, Davis.