The Bachelor Girls Book Club was organized on February 22nd 1909 with Miss Mary Flaa as president. The object of the club was to promote sociability and to promote the Davis Free Library. They wanted to secure a permanent home for the library. The original members of the club, as the name suggests, were all unmarried women. In fact, there was a $5.00 fine imposed on any member who betrayed the group by getting married. In 1923, the group changed its name to the Davis Library Club, and they began to officially accept married members. The club existed for nearly 100 years before shutting down at some point between 2006 and 2010; the remainder of the club's treasury funds was donated to the Hattie Weber Museum.