|514A 2nd St.|
|(Across from Logos Books, next to the old Mishka's|
|Mon. - Sat. 6AM - 7PM|
|Sunday 10AM - 5PM|
G Nails & Spa is a recent addition to the downtown nails scene. It went in next door to the old Mishka's location.
They offer various levels of pedicures and manicures. Pedicures start at $24 and up. A wide range of colors are available including OPI and gel colors.
This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry.
You can help the Davis Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.
This page is in need of a Photo.
To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the "Files" button.
Note: You must be logged in to add comments
2011-07-11 11:45:28 Try it, you'll like it and you will be back for more. I know I will! Not your typical looking nail joint....so cute inside. Super friendly and enthusiastic staff who pay lots of attention to detail. Tan did my pedicure....And oh, the foot /leg massage...nice long (20 minutes) massage with scrub, oil and hot rocks. —DjMisschiff
2011-07-11 11:46:43 Forgot to add....they are offering 20% on all services over $20...my pedicure was only $20. —DjMisschiff
2011-07-20 18:34:58 Got a massage, the lady who did it seemed like she didn't even want to do it and she definitely doesn't have any sort of professional training. She kept going over the same spots, it was a pretty boring massage. Not completely terrible, but I now realize you get what you pay for when it comes to massages. It's just not their specialty. Also, though the massage room was way too small, the place seems very clean which is a plus. —stevohfun
2011-07-22 17:59:52 I just had a wonderful pedicure here, the best I've had in Davis. Really comfy massage chairs, really good/long massage, great pedicure especially for the price. Definitely recommend. —jlw
2011-07-31 12:44:10 very calm atmosphere (No tvs, loud obnoxious music). Hot stones and exfoliation scrubs are included in the basic manicure. It's very nice inside too. —JamieBeth
2011-08-14 17:56:02 Just went in for the first time on a Sunday afternoon, 4:30 pm (they close at 5) and they were happy to do a pedi for me. Vi (sp?) did a nice, relaxing massage and French pedi for $24. The staff were very friendly and the interior is clean, new and nicely decorated. I will definitely be going back. —DrX
2011-09-22 11:41:15 I got an excellent fill here for $16. It is probably the best fill I've gotten in Davis in a long time. They met my minimum criteria: a) can't make you bleed at any point (has happened at at least 2 nail salons in davis for me, on my first and last visit to them); b) my nails can't crack/break/chip within the first three-seven days (happened at 2 additional nail salons for me in davis). I've been commuting to Natomas for 2 years to get my nails done, but I think the commute is over! Also got an amazing pedicure from them a month ago. —madanielelwicz
2012-08-23 20:10:52 WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I went here to get a gel manicure with my friend. I can LIST the number of things that went wrong:
1. We both made an appointment in advanced and both waited for 25 minutes before we were seated.
2. We both happened to pick colors that they didnt have in the store. Why would you have it on display???
3. I asked for a french manicure with a dark purple tip (instead of the regular white tips) and she refused to do it until her co-worker explained to her it was the same process and shouldn't be a problem.
4. She messed up one of my nails about 3 times, and proceeded to be rude TO ME about it saying that MY nails were too short!
5. The lady doing my nails (as well as the lady doing my friends nails) completely had no idea how to do a gel manicure.
6. My friends gel manicure was absolutely ATROCIOUS. The actual gel nail polish shriveled up every time she would put her hand under the UV light. She ended up leaving with shriveled gel nail polish that she paid 30 DOLLARS for!
7. Last but certainty not least, the GEL MANICURE LASTED 7 DAYS!!!!! INSTEAD OF 3 WEEKS!!!!
I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE! IT WAS HORRENDOUS!
AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS! —yanab
2012-10-01 19:23:22 I got a pedicure here from the owner (Vi?) tonight and really thought it was top-notch, especially the massage. It was by far the best massage I've ever gotten at a nail place, and was quite lengthy. In addition to a fine job on my nails, whatever scrubs they used made my skin delightfully soft was well. Agreed with other commenters that it's a good atmosphere and a cute place. At a slow time (Monday night) I just walked in and didn't have to wait at all; it was just me and two other ladies. Recommended! —PhoebeAyers