Recent Changes for "Mr. B's Branding Iron" - Davis Wikihttp://daviswiki.org/Mr._B%27s_Branding_IronRecent Changes of the page "Mr. B's Branding Iron" on Davis Wiki.en-us Mr. B's Branding Ironhttp://daviswiki.org/Mr._B%27s_Branding_Iron2013-12-18 10:15:29jimbelenis <div id="content" class="wikipage content"> Differences for Mr. B's Branding Iron<p><strong></strong></p><table> <tr> <td> <span> Deletions are marked with - . </span> </td> <td> <span> Additions are marked with +. </span> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Line 1: </td> <td> Line 1: </td> </tr> <tr> <td> <span>- '''Mr. B's Branding Iron''' was a popular ["bars" bar] and ["restaurants" restaurant] that had been in existence at least as far back as the ["Davis Timeline/1960" 1960s]. It was run by longtime local restaurant owners, the Belenis family. It seems that Mr. B's original address was 223 ["F Street"], but it moved at least once, finally resting upon 222 ["D Street"] where ["Mustard Seed"] later occupied.</span> </td> <td> <span>+ '''Mr. B's Branding Iron''' was a popular ["bars" bar] and ["restaurants" restaurant] that had been in existence from 1922-1998["Davis Timeline/1960" 1960s]. It started out as the '''Terminal Café''' in 1922 at the corner of 2nd and G street. George Tingus and James Belenis were the owners. They were on their way to Seattle from Vrestina Greece. Fate had them buying the café on a coffee stop while waiting for the northbound train. They eventually added a second floor hotel in 1927. In 1946 James Belenis moved the café to 716 2nd street and renamed it '''Phil's Grill''' after a cousin who still lived in Greece. There was a downstairs that was used as a banquet room. Live music was played. Only beer was available, as Davis was still dry to hard spirits. James' son, George, took over the business in 1956 after a stint in the Navy in Korea.<br> + <br> + George moved the business to 223 F street in 1963. He renamed in '''Mr. B's Brandin' Iron'''. In 1965, the first legal drink was served in Davis in almost 60 years at '''Mr. B's'''. The bar and restaurant was a town gathering place for UCD athletic supporters. In 1978, George dropped the Brandin' Iron name for '''Mr. B's Sports Page'''. This coincided with the heyday in UCD Football. In 1985, George passed away. His son and daughter, Jim and Liz, continued running the family business with his sister Peg and brother Nick (passed away in 2002). In 1988 Jim and Liz moved '''Mr. B's''' to 223 E Street. The name was once again altered, this time to '''Mr. B's Bar &amp; Grill'''. This was a larger location. '''Mr. B's''' continued to be major bar scene with UCD students. The Belenis' sold the business in 1998. Jim Belenis, Liz Belenis Slater, and Peg Swisher are still members of the Davis community.</span> </td> </tr> </table> </div> Mr. B's Branding Ironhttp://daviswiki.org/Mr._B%27s_Branding_Iron2011-09-06 19:12:58JabberWokkyThere are decade entries, most just have a bunch of links to individual years. <div id="content" class="wikipage content"> Differences for Mr. B's Branding Iron<p><strong></strong></p><table> <tr> <td> <span> Deletions are marked with - . </span> </td> <td> <span> Additions are marked with +. </span> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Line 1: </td> <td> Line 1: </td> </tr> <tr> <td> <span>-</span> '''Mr. B's Branding Iron''' was a popular ["bars" bar] and ["restaurants" restaurant] that had been in existence at least as far back as the 1960<span>s</span>. It was run by longtime local restaurant owners, the Belenis family. It seems that Mr. B's original address was 223 ["F Street"], but it moved at least once, finally resting upon 222 ["D Street"] where ["Mustard Seed"] later occupied. </td> <td> <span>+</span> '''Mr. B's Branding Iron''' was a popular ["bars" bar] and ["restaurants" restaurant] that had been in existence at least as far back as the <span>["Davis Timeline/</span>1960<span>" 1960s]</span>. It was run by longtime local restaurant owners, the Belenis family. It seems that Mr. B's original address was 223 ["F Street"], but it moved at least once, finally resting upon 222 ["D Street"] where ["Mustard Seed"] later occupied. </td> </tr> </table> </div> Mr. B's Branding Ironhttp://daviswiki.org/Mr._B%27s_Branding_Iron2011-09-06 19:11:18JabberWokkyMinor change of wording so it is accurate for all time. <div id="content" class="wikipage content"> Differences for Mr. B's Branding Iron<p><strong></strong></p><table> <tr> <td> <span> Deletions are marked with - . </span> </td> <td> <span> Additions are marked with +. </span> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Line 1: </td> <td> Line 1: </td> </tr> <tr> <td> <span>-</span> '''Mr. B's Branding Iron''' was a popular ["bars" bar] and ["restaurants" restaurant] that had been in existence at least as far back as the 1960s. It was run by longtime local restaurant owners, the Belenis family. It seems that Mr. B's original address was 223 ["F Street"], but it moved at least once, finally resting upon 222 ["D Street"] where ["Mustard Seed"] <span>is now.</span> </td> <td> <span>+</span> '''Mr. B's Branding Iron''' was a popular ["bars" bar] and ["restaurants" restaurant] that had been in existence at least as far back as the 1960s. It was run by longtime local restaurant owners, the Belenis family. It seems that Mr. B's original address was 223 ["F Street"], but it moved at least once, finally resting upon 222 ["D Street"] where ["Mustard Seed"] <span>later occupied.</span> </td> </tr> </table> </div> Mr. B's Branding Ironhttp://daviswiki.org/Mr._B%27s_Branding_Iron2011-09-06 14:55:39ScottMeehleibhistoric bar <div id="content" class="wikipage content"> Differences for Mr. B's Branding Iron<p><strong></strong></p><table> <tr> <td> <span> Deletions are marked with - . </span> </td> <td> <span> Additions are marked with +. </span> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Line 1: </td> <td> Line 1: </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> <span>+ '''Mr. B's Branding Iron''' was a popular ["bars" bar] and ["restaurants" restaurant] that had been in existence at least as far back as the 1960s. It was run by longtime local restaurant owners, the Belenis family. It seems that Mr. B's original address was 223 ["F Street"], but it moved at least once, finally resting upon 222 ["D Street"] where ["Mustard Seed"] is now.</span> </td> </tr> </table> </div>