|Saturday, April 14, 2007|
|<picnicday AT ucdavis DOT edu>|
Picnic Day 2007 is this year's Picnic Day celebration with the motto "Making OUR Mark"1. As usual, there will be the 150+ exhibits and special events all over campus, the parade, Picnic Day Battle of the Bands, a sledding hill with Ski Demonstrations, Davis Dance Revolution, and so much more! This year, we are also hosting a non-profit faire at Olson Lawn and we are hoping to showcase the charities and nonprofits in the Yolo/Sacramento area.
Picnic Day Preweek
Saturday, April 7, 2007: "Featured Creatures" will be held at Davis Farmers' Market at 10am! It will consist of our second pet costume contest, and our first ever Hamster Ball Races. This event is co-sponsored by Petco, who will provide the hamster ball racetrack. Come kick off Picnic Day Pre-week with this fun event!
Monday, April 9, 2007: Entertainment Preview, noon, Quad
Tuesday, April 10, 2007: 1st Year Students' Talent Show, 8pm, Regan Main
Wednesday, April 11, 2007: Annual Cow Milking Contest, noon, Quad
Friday, April 13, 2007: Directors' Hay Ride, noon, all around campus
Post your photos below! Just click "Edit" on this page and then click on the "Upload Files" button.
HeatherFlood Battle of the Bands
Note: You must be logged in to add comments
2007-04-10 20:42:08 So, at the moment, weather.com is predicting showers for this Saturday... —PaulAmnuaypayoat
2007-04-12 20:39:49 Weather.com is now predicting rain all day, with a 90% chance of precipitation. Looks like we might get a rainout like happened a few years ago. —AlexPomeranz
* Weather.com is quite unreliable for this area, in my experience. It has Woodland right now at 40% chance of showers for this afternoon (full of blazing sunshine) and 60% chance of showers tomorrow.
2007-04-13 08:35:34 Better buy your umbrellas now, if you don't have one. When it poured in 2003, I wasn't prepared and wandered around campus and downtown for hours in the rain. Most stores sold out of their umbrellas, so I had to pay a *lot* of money for one at Gottschalks —ElleWeber
2007-04-13 09:42:52 have faith young padawans. The sprit of picnic day will clear the skies and the sun will come out yet! Or we'll get wet. —TomAbeles
2007-04-14 11:12:04 It's raining now... not worth it to go out as I've missed the parade already. —TusharRawat
2007-04-14 16:55:29 Are there any official stats of what percentage of picnic days get rained out? 3 out of the past 5 years doesn't seem very good... —AaGg
Wouldn't say 04 was "rained out" completely, though it did rain and cancel some things partially. And it didn't rain in 02. So that's 2(+.5) / 6 I guess.
Let's make a list! 2004, 2003, 2003? It didn't rain in 2005 or 2006..
So, 2003, 2004, 2007, that's not 3/5...?
2007-04-14 17:04:13 I didn't take photos from the float this year due to the rain, but I saw a lot of cameras in the crowd. There was a delay in the parade, does anyone know what caused it? —JasonAller
2007-04-14 17:05:56 2003 was completely rained out, pretty much like today. '04 rained, but it wasn't that bad, just a drizzle on and off. They didn't cancel everything outdoor in 2004, a lot of bands still played outside or in those covered trailor stages, iirc. —EdWins
2007-04-14 19:50:24 The delay toward the beginning of the parade was just because the walking groups were getting shuffled in from a location separate from where the floats started. Or at least that was my understanding from the limited vantage point inside the KDVS blimp gondola. —ElisaHough
2007-04-14 22:50:03 Nice work with the photos and everything you guys. I was cooped up in the bar all day so know I feel like I was really there —JarrettNoble
2007-04-15 11:54:03 so rainy, all that was left to do was drink indoors —mynameisbernice1
2007-04-15 17:22:17 I was driving the double deck in the parade for Unitrans and after I had the hook and ladder fire truck pulled in front of me from the walking groups location we still got stuck way down on California forever. I was just glad I was in a bus. The campus tours people(?) who were behind me got soaked for the most part, but they did get to hang out on my bus while we were delayed. —TracyPerkins
2007-04-15 20:56:08 I've always wondered why they have Picnic Day in April (April showers) which is prime rainy season around here. Seems like May would be a much better choice — after a lot of the rain, but before it get baking hot. —AlexPomeranz
They might want to not have to compete with the Whole Earth Festival.
2007-04-15 22:10:37 I heard the KDVS blimp escaped and the FAA was not pleased. Confirm/Deny? —ArlenAbraham
The KDVS blimp was cut loose and Drake (GM) called the FAA, but they didn't seem particularly concerned. —ArlenAbraham
- 1The Logo is used on this entry by Fair Use Doctrine, and is not Creative Commons