|111 South Silo|
|<stmeyer AT ucdavis DOT edu>|
Pre-Law Advising is a subdivision of Advising Services, and provides law school-related advising resources workshops. Pre-Law Advising is located along with the rest of the professional school advising services in 160 South Silo. Students or alumni interested in law are encouraged to make an appointment with an advisor by calling (530) 752-4475 during their regular office hours.
They can give you information on:
- Deciding whether law school is right for you
- Basic law school preparation and choosing a major
- Recommended application timeline and process
- Matching the right law schools to the applicant
- Criteria used in law school admissions decision
- Preparation for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and registration for the Law School Data Assembly Service (LSDAS)
- Personal Statement critiques
- Financing a legal education
- Special programs for minority and socioeconomically disadvantaged students
- Other law-related careers such as paralegal and court reporting.
- Related reference material
Pre-Law Advising also provides several workshops and other events each quarter in conjunction with the UC Davis pre-law chapter of Phi Alpha Delta:
- Law School Application Workshop
- Personal Statement Workshop
- Financing Your Law School Education
- Future Outlook of the Legal Profession
- Law Student Panel
- Lawyers Panel
- Mock Law Class
- Mock Law School Admission Test
Pre-Law Advising also provides information via a listserv. Although members of the listserv receive e-mails quite often, many of them can be quite useful, as they include reminders, workshop invitations, internship opportunities, etc.
To join the pre-law listserv, send out the following e-mail:
Subject: [leave this area blank]
Body: subscribe pre-law advisor your name (First & Last)
Pre-Law Advising is run by Susan Meyer, daughter of former UC Davis chancellor James H. Meyer. She serves as the primary advisor and is supported by law student advisors, who are law students at the UC Davis School of Law at King Hall. She has served in this position since 1983, and is now a "senior advisor", acting as an advisor to other advisors. She can often provide valuable information or point you in the right direction.
This page is in need of a Photo.
To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the "Files" button.
Note: You must be logged in to add comments