The Solano House was a building that originally adjoined the home of Joshua B. Tufts south of Putah Creek. In the 1860s, it served as the hotel, stage stop, and post office for the local vicinity. It was located on the wagon road between Sacramento and Benicia. In 1869, Tufts and J. Martin put the Solano House, a barn, and six adjoining acres up for sale. The last of the property wasn't sold off until 1888. It was in this year that the Solano House was physically moved to Davis. A historical marker was dedicated in the original location (south of Putah Creek) of the Solano House in 1999. Nothing else is currently there except for some foliage and what appears to be an unpaved service road.