|2535 Westernesse Road|
|<sunwise DOT coop AT gmail DOT com>|
|co-op directory listing|
|Solar Community Housing Association|
Check out our blog for a flavor of life and events at Sunwise Co-op.
Sunwise is open to boarders! (Boarder = someone who cooks and eats with us.) If you are looking for a good place to cook and eat organic vegetarian dinners, with a bunch of friendly faces and at a low budget, please stop by at 7:00, Monday-Thursday. Call us at (530)753-7657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunwise Co-op is a cooperative household in the Village Homes neighborhood in West Davis. Sunwise is an eco-friendly house run cooperatively, providing low-income housing opportunities in Davis, California. The 8-bedroom house is full of low-impact features such as solar water heating, photovoltaic panels, passive solar design, and composting. We grow our own veggies in a big luscious garden, and enjoy the company of chickens and bees (and each other). We maintain the house through weekly chores and monthly workdays, share vegetarian dinners Monday through Thursday, and make decisions by consensus during bi-weekly house meetings. All house members must be either students or earn less than 80% of median income for the region (about $42,500 in 2010).
Sunwise is part of Solar Community Housing Association, a Davis non-profit dedicated to create community and respect for the environment through affordable, cooperative housing. SCHA owns 2 other houses in Davis, and has also just taken over management of the Domes. We are members of NASCO.
Current residents include 6 adults (age 23-30), 10 chickens, plenty of worms, and about a hundred thousand bees.
Sunwise Co-op is currently seeking a housemate! The room will be available on August 7th. We are accepting applications through July 14th, and choosing a housemate by July 28th.
Sunwise rooms are currently $360 and board (food & utilities) is $180. All house members must either be students or earn less than 80% of median income for the region (in other words, less than $43,050 annually).
You can learn more about our Co-op by visiting our Davis Wiki page
http://daviswiki.org/Sunwise_ Co-op?action=show&redirect= Sunwise
and clicking the links included there. (We haven't maintained the blog in awhile, but it should give you some sense of how we live and what we're about.)
To apply, please send your responses to the questions below to email@example.com.
1. Tell us a little about yourself in terms of work, school, or however you spend your time.
2. Have you ever lived in a cooperative housing situation before? What interests you about living here?
3. Why are you leaving your current residence?
4. From what you have heard so far, how do you see yourself being involved in our community? What would you bring to the community in terms of technical or interpersonal skills, hobbies, etc.?
5. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
6. How often would you be available to join in our house dinners (Monday-Thursday at 7:00 pm)?
7. How long are you interested in living here?
8. Do you have any pets?
9. Please let us know what evenings you would be available for a “meet the house” dinner. Dinners are at 7:00 pm Monday through Thursdays; please allow at least 1 hour; we’ll feed you.
10. Please provide us with a phone number, email, or other way of contacting you to follow up on your application.
Note: You must be logged in to add comments
2011-11-23 11:35:40 I love you Sunwise co-op! —WanderBee