Toomey Field

InfoInfo
Search:    

Toomey_from_SSH.jpg

Toomey Field is a football field located on campus right next to the Hickey Gym and across the street from the Social Sciences and Humanities Building. It is surrounded by the Woody Wilson Track.

Built as "Aggie Field" in 1949, it was renamed to "Toomey Field" in 1962 in honor of Irving F. "Crip" Toomey, who served as Director of Athletics at UC Davis from 1929 until his death in 1961. Toomey graduated from UC Davis in 1923 and also served as the Aggies' basketball coach (1929-36) and football coach (1928-36).

Toomey Field was the original home of both Aggie football and lacrosse. With the new $30 million Multi Use Stadium opening in 2007, Toomey field will now be used only for track and field events. The new stadium was originally slated to open in 2006, but construction delays meant Toomey Field got to be the home of one last Aggie Football season in 2006.

Toomey Field Football Stats

Tomey_visitor.jpg

This is a Wiki Spot wiki. Wiki Spot is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that helps communities collaborate via wikis.