University Hotel

InfoInfo
Search:    

The University Hotel (also known as University House) was a three-story hotel that stood in the spot now occupied by Black Bear Diner. Opened by Dr. Edwin Liebfried in September 1915, it was was a nice establishment for its time. It featured steam heating, hot and cold running water, and meals served in the dining room.

The building became a frat house in the 1960s and was eventually demolished in 1971. Soon after, Sambo's was built on the lot.

This is a Wiki Spot wiki. Wiki Spot is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that helps communities collaborate via wikis.