3rd Street takes a brief eastward journey through central Davis, beginning at A Street which borders the UC Davis campus, and terminating at L Street. That's it! A brief 12-block sojourn on the grid. If you're on a bike, Campus's North Quad Avenue runs right into 3rd St. With the streets many stop signs and direct connection to campus, it has become a hot spot for bike traps. When you're done, stop by Navigating Davis to see what's on some of our other streets and where they may lead you.
Third Street was renovated, between D and F streets, from the first week of July 2006 until the end of September 2006.More
The neighborhood on the west side of the 3rd and B street was under revision by the city.
3rd Street was formerly known as 2nd Street.
Business and landmarks
- Downtown Phone 4 intersection of 3rd and A Streets
- Yummy Guide Cafe 207 3rd Street #110
- Education Abroad Center 207 3rd Street #120
- Raja Indian Cuisine 207 3rd Street #230
- UC Davis Temporary Employment Services 207 3rd Street #?
- Ali Baba 220 3rd Street
- 3rd & U Cafe 223 3rd Street
- Downtown Phone 12 inside of the Campus Cafe Roma
- 3rd & University Poles — you know, the reason why you can't drive straight through Third street and get to 3rd & U Cafe?
- Davis Copy Shop 230 3rd Street, formerly called "Navin's Copy Shop"
- Sam's Mediterranean Cuisine 247 3rd Street
- Ciocolat 301 B Street
- Central Park between B & C Streets
- US Bicycling Hall of Fame 303 3rd Street
- Crepeville 330 3rd Street
- Downtown Phone 6 between C & D Streets
- Hibachi 403 3rd Street
- Downtown Post Office 424 3rd Street
- Newsbeat 514 3rd Street
- Computer Depot 608 3rd Street
- B&L Bike Shop 610 3rd Street
- Zia's Delicatessen 616 3rd Street
- Blockbuster 303 F Street
- Kinko's 313 F Street
- The Joggers intersection of 3rd and F Streets
- Lazzari David 712 3rd Street
- ACE Hardware along G Street as it crosses 3rd Street
- Davis Family Mural between G & train tracks
- The Candy House of Davis 901 3rd Street
- Anderson Glass Co. 902
- Cable Car Wash 904 3rd Street
- Vitek Mortgage Group 907 3rd Street
- Davis Ju-do Kai 911 3rd Street
- Kwan's Framing 913 3rd Street
- PHM Property Management 915 3rd Street
- Anderson Glass Co, Inc. 920 3rd Street #C
- Davis Muffler & Hitch Center 920 3rd Street #E
- SPCA Thrift Store 920 3rd Street #F
- Nails by Tam 1221 3rd Street
- J Street Co-op 234 J Street
- University Square Apartments 300 J Street
- 3rd Street Jeweler 903 3rd Street
- Chabad of Davis 239 3rd Street — moved to Russell Bl
- Manna Korean Restaurant 622 3rd Street
- Fix for Less 608 3rd Street
Construction and Public Works
Third St. was the first downtown street to receive bike lanes.
Summer 2005 construction
During the Summer of 2005 the sewer and storm drainage system was upgraded and repaired.