The Jewish Slate is a slate that attempted to run for office in the Fall 2006 ASUCD Election, however, they did not get the required number of signatures to get a candidate onto the ballot. They were inactive during the Winter 2007 election, and do not appear to have a presence at Davis currently. This slate was probably intended to be a play on the Christian Slate.
Jewish Slate Chairman: IanRamsay
Morty Zuckerberg has been called the Jewish Slate's mascot. An allegedly fictitious character, Morty looks like he could definitely be a ladies man.
Some of our platform ideas include:
- Expanding the CoHo deli.
- Keeping the CoHo Kosher(especially during passover!)
- University wide observance of Jewish holidays, including: Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Purim, Sukkot, Chanukah, Passover, Tu B'Shevat, Simchat Torah, Shavuot, Yom Hashoah, Shabbat, and any others I may have forgotten.
- Offering more sale items at the bookstore.
- Banning the display of any Mel Gibson film on campus or in the city of Davis whether it is for educational or entertainment purposes.
- Standing against any and all campus anti-semitism at UC Davis.
- Establishing an intercollegiate Gaga Team.
- Eliminating Tipsy Taxi on Friday evenings in observance of the Sabbath. This would also include any Unitrans service before sundown on Saturday.
- Offering more late night Chinese take out options on campus.
- Securing the Davis/Woodland border.
- Increasing funding for both the University Medical School and Law School.
- Making Picnic Day more grandparent friendly.
- Stopping the sale of pork in the University's Meat Lab.
- Getting Matisyahu to come play in Freeborn Hall!
Don't forget to keep checking back for more great additions to the platform.
2006-09-04 10:53:53 This is a joke, right? I was believing it until the banning Mel Gibson in the city of Davis part... —GrumpyoldGeek
2006-09-04 11:21:35 This, I assume, is designed to satirize the "Christian Slate"? —JaimeRaba
2006-09-04 16:32:43 Well, depending on how you use the term, Christian Slate is a 'joke'. —KarlMogel
2006-10-24 13:37:45 I'm really disapointed in you, Morty. How can you get us all excited for your candidacy only to drop out? :( —JosephBleckman
2006-11-05 21:39:02 Hahahaha...is this in response to the christian democratic party? —MandiPeterson