The ASUCD Science and Engineering Committee's administration plan was introduced by then Senator Kareem Salem and was passed unanimously by the ASUCD Senate on November 30, 2006. Since this committee's establishment, they have accomplished the following:
- Instated a quarterly ASUCD Science and Engineering Symposium event as well as an Internship and Research event.
- Issue an ongoing survey which asks science and engineering students how ASUCD can better serve their populous. This survey will later on be published and distributed to various UC Davis administrative bodies.
- Financially support various campus organizations for the advancement and education of science.
Future events/goals will include the following:
- A science club faire in front of the Science Lecture Hall where science clubs, fraternities, and honors organizations will receive an opportunity to promote their respective clubs.
- Speak with the Education Abroad Center in establishing more study abroad programs specific to life sciences majors on campus.
They organize the ASUCD Science and Engineering Symposium, an event for undergraduates to hear stories and tips from their professors about college, careers, and graduate school.
They are currently running an ongoing survey for science and engineering majors on ASUCD and programs which the committee can help bring or publicize more on campus. They will be indefinitely tabling at the Silo and every survey participant will receive a coupon to the Coffee House or Aggie Student Store.
The ASUCD Science and Engineering Committee is currently hiring for committee members for the 2008-2009 school year. To apply, visit the following link: http://asucd.ucdavis.edu/jobs/apply/jobs.cfm
- Emily Tung, Chair
- Lauren Burgunder, Vice Chair
- Kevin Christensen
- Christine McClelland
- Mary Stump
- Matthew Yu
- Josh Bukowski
- Alternates: Alex Frick, Helen Woldai