Academic Surge (ACADSR) has the good luck of having one of the weirdest building names on campus. That being said, the building itself is fairly plain, aside from the architect having an odd industrial fetish. Inside are numerous computer labs that highly used by civil engineering students.
This building hosts (at least) the following:
- Institute for Data Analysis and Visualization
- Institute for Transportation Studies
- School of Education
- Bohart Museum of Entomology
- Energy Efficiency Center
- Museum of Wildlife and Fisheries Biology
- Engineering Student Startup Center
- The Ragle Center, used by the Nutrition Department for clinical studies
- One very odd (now only occasionally broken) ice cream vending machine.
- A very high concentration of late night grad students
Mon-Thurs 8am-8pm Fri 8am-6pm Sat Closed Sun 12pm-6pm times vary but that is the gist of it