Anarchism is the attempt to eradicate domination. This includes not only such obvious forms as the nation-state, with its routine use of violence and the force of law, and the corporation, with its institution-alized irresponsibility, but also such internalized forms as patriarchy, racism, homophobia.
- See also Libertarian
- Anarchist Reading Group
- Davis Anti-Authoritarian Collective (now defunct)
- Davis Art and Revolution
- Davis People's Free School
- Davis Radical Cheerleaders
- Deviant Recipes
- Food Not Bombs - serves meals every Sunday under the big tree in Central Park.
- The Anarchist Puppet Show - JD Murphy plays a mix of metal, hardcore and industrial music plus whatever else he feels like playing. Wed 03:00 AM -06:00 AM on KDVS 90.3 FM or www.kdvs.org
- Communique from an Absent Future - a manifesto from the UC Santa Cruz group Research and Destroy.
- Emma Goldman Institute for Anarchist Studies - an art project started by UC Davis Masters of Fine Arts student Steve Lambert.
- Burning Man - annual festival held at Black Rock City, Nevada, emphasizing art, ecology and community. This festival is popular not only with Davis locals, but also with Davis students—with more than 100 Davis-dwellers in attendance.
- Davis IMC-Possibly coming soon. Until then, see Sacramento Indymedia
- Critical Mass - last Friday of each month, meet at Central Park, 3rd and B Streets.
- Davis Bike Collective
Links to Nearby Anarchists:
- AK Press - an Oakland based anarchist publisher.
- Bound Together Books - an anarchist collective bookstore in San Francisco.
- Earth First! Santa Cruz - a non-hierarchical network of autonomous groups and individuals.
- Free Mind Media - a non-profit collectively run community center in Santa Rosa.
- The Industrial Workers of the World - several branches in Northern California.
- The Long Haul - a South Berkeley Infoshop and Community Resource Center.
- Modesto Anarcho - an anarchist publication based in Modesto.
- Network of Bay Area Worker Cooperatives - dedicated to building workplace democracy.
- Occupy California - a blog related to the 2009 UC crisis.
- Research and Destroy - a UC Santa Cruz based group.
- Sacramento A-Cafe - a social experiment in urban anarchy.
- We Want Everything.