Pyromania is related. It is rooted in psychosis. There was a teenage boy who set several fires about ten years ago.
Local History of Arson
- 1937 — Davis Community Church suffers damage from arson attempt.
- 1972 — The Chiles Mansion is burned down in a murder-suicide.
- 1979 — Hibbert Lumber burned down in arson fire on January 24.
- 1987 — Thurman Laboratory, no thanks to the Animal Liberation Front
- 1993 — Davis Community Church is hit by arson again, this time causing severe damage to two new buildings being built.
- 2006 — Aspen neighborhood in West Davis is targeted by arsonist four times.
- 2010 — Cargo Coffee
- 2010 — Bank of America ATM at the Memorial Union looked like it was blown up on 8/2/2010.
Not Quite Arson
- 2009 — The Baxter House is burned down by the UC Davis Fire Department as a training exercise, depriving bored, drunk, and/or stoned undergraduates of an awesomely creepy place to go to at night.
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Davis Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|