There are several kinds of Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing facilities in town.
- Summer House, Inc. - living assistance at home for the developmentally disabled.
Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Courtyard Health Care Center accepts Medi-Cal
- Davis Healthcare Center accepts Medi-Cal
- University Retirement Community includes a skilled nursing facility but does not accept Medi-Cal
Advocacy Groups and Information
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
- Medi-Cal is the California Medicaid program
- Overview of Medi-Cal for long-term care (includes explanation of differences between Medi-Cal and Medicare)
- For people who use wheelchairs or are otherwise disabled, Davis Community Transit is an invaluable service for getting from facilities to doctor appointments or other destinations. It's a curb-to-curb (they'll pick you up and drop you off) transportation service provided by the City of Davis that operates only within city limits.
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Davis Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|