The Bank of Yolo was the first bank to operate in Davisville. It opened its doors to the public in June of 1909 at the northwest corner of Third Street and G Street. George W. Pierce was one of the few local residents who helped financially support the early bank, and he claimed in his diary to have also been its first depositor. The original building was little more than a wooden shack, but it was replaced the following year by a more impressive, permanent structure at the same corner. Although perhaps not the most visually striking building, its arching entrance and firm, boxy shape lend it a sense of importance. Unfortunately, the bank's business suffered greatly from the stock market crash of 1929, and it was forced to shut down its operations in 1933. The 1910 building stands to this day; it is classified as a City Merit Resource and is currently home to the Taste of Thai restaurant.