Shows: Birdstrike performs at 123 Sciences Lecture Hall or Kleiber Hall every other Friday during the regular school year (Fall/Winter/Spring Quarters). Most shows are around an hour to an hour and a half, and consist of multiple long-form improv formats. They also occasionally feature a special guest.
- FemmeProv - Femme-identified members of Birdstrike plan and host an inter-collegiate festival specifically for femmes in comedy. The event takes place in Davis, typically in April.
- HellaCappella - a cappella showcase hosted by The Spokes. Birdstrike traditionally emcees.
- Improv du Jour - two-day collegiate improv festival hosted by UC Berkeley's jericho! comedy
- Fracas - three-day improv festival hosted by Second Nature Improv of USC
Auditions: New members are inducted once a year at the beginning of Fall quarter.
Workshops and jams: Free open improv classes and jams are held on occasion. These are announced ahead of time on the group’s Facebook page.
Booking: Outside of their own shows, Birdstrike is often featured other clubs’ benefit shows and events, and have performed for a multitude of other Davis groups and organizations. To book Birdstrike for an event or get more information, contact them through theirFacebook page.
Birdstrike in the news:
- Birdstrike Picnic Day Alumni Show (2018)
- Birdstrike Theatre Improv UC Davis (2018)
- Friday nights with Birdstrike (2016)
- Ladyprov II: Return of the Feminist (2016)
- Birdstrike Theatre starts season with first show (2013)
- Birdstrike packs improv, laughs and quick wit (2010)
- Naked and uncensored: Improv in Davis (2008)
2019-2020 members (current team)
2009-05-31 00:12:58 I've attended two of their shows, a big one and a small one. The small shows they put on throughout the quarter are usually free, and feature a smaller cast. The big shows cost $2 or $3 but last about two hours to include sketch comedy, videos, and of course, improv.
The last show I watched was birdstrikeVII, with a "freedom" them.
At the end of the show, it was bittersweet as they said good-bye to a large portion of their cast who were graduating. It will be great to see how the younger ones keep it up! I can't wait until next year, but will definitely miss the older cast members.
If you have a chance to attend a show of theirs, DO IT! It is a very cheap form of entertainment, and you'll probably feel happier after attending a show. —BrookeB
2012-01-28 15:59:07 so amazing. I loved last nights show!!!! Especially the pocket sketch and the interview. :) —jenb