Bowers Addition also known as the Old North or the North Core consits of the neighborhood between by Fifth, Seventh, B and G Streets. There is a book and website by John Lofland, which discusses Old North Davis History. The houses were built in the late 1930' and 1940's. Like many other neighborhoods in Davis, the area is a mix of rentals and family homes.
A map of Bowers Addition is at http://www.oldnorthdavishistory.org/b-street-500s/ResurgentOND.pdf/view, in a booklet titled Resurgent Old North Davis. The map on page 1 of the booklet shows Bowers Addition to be composed of the five blocks bound by B and G on the west and east and Sixth and Seventh on the south and north. It was created and first built on in 1913.
What is now called "the Old North" is the larger area indicated in the first sentence except that the railroad tracks, not G, form the eastern border.
The area was "built out" at the rate of about 40 houses a decade over the 1910s, '20s, '30s, and '40s.
"Old North homes built before about 1950 architecturally divide into bungalows and cottages. Of the some 140 pre-1950 homes that survive, about 50 are bungalows built in the 1910s and '20s. Some 90 are cottages constructed, primarily, in the 1930s and '40s" (quoted from page 5 of Resurgent Old North Davis). These two styles are explained and pictured on that same page 5.