CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation. It is the workplace standard training, regardless of location. Instruction on use of an AED is usually included in the CPR class. Classes are 4-8 hours and the certifications last from 1-2 years.
Locations to take courses in Davis:
- Outdoor Adventures- CPR Classes are 4-4.5 hours; frequency is 1-3 times per week; teaches adult, child and infant CPR, one and two-person rescues, AED; American Heart Association certification lasts two years. Also available: First Aid, Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness First Responder and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- OnSite Medical Service - http://www.onsitemedicalservice.com; American Heart Association certification lasts two years. CPR for Healthcare Provider offered 1-2 times per week. Also available: First Aid, Continued Education courses for EMT-B's, and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). Register online today!
- Experimental College - classes are 7 hours; frequency is once per quarter; teaches adult CPR and first aid; Red Cross certification lasts one year.
- UCDMC - Offers courses in Sacramento; Classes are 4-4.5 hours; check their website for frequency; teaches adult, child and infant CPR; American Heart Association certification lasts two years.
- Davis High Red Cross Club - Classes are apparently given sporadically to Girl Scouts and at the Davis Farmers Market; Red Cross certification.
- Yolo County Red Cross - Courses are taught in Woodland, their website is hard to navigate, but their certifications last for one year but their courses cost up to $70.
- thinkcpr - Offers American Heart Association CPR and first aid courses both in-person and online. Classes include adult, child and infant CPR, use of an automatic external defibrillator, and relief of airway obstruction. Certifications are valid for 2 years. In-person classes offered weekly. Convenient online classes with Skills Testing, and Pediatric First Aid CPR AED.
- Join the Community Emergency Response Team.
- Concierge Medical Training - Offers by appointment CPR and First Aid classes for individuals and small groups, as well as challenge and review courses. All courses are taught with a 1:1 student manikin ratio and no more than 12 students per class. Advanced courses such as Wilderness First Aid, Dog First Aid, and Healthcare Professional level courses are also available. Title 22 classes available starting Dec 2010.
See Also: Automated External Defibrillators