All information on this page is outdated as of February 2, 2018.
There are no longer any public phones on the UC Davis Campus.
The UC Davis campus has much of its own infrastructure, including a phone system.
About the System
The UC Davis Campus has its own phone system which is probably some sort of PBX. Many UCD phone numbers have the format 752-#### or 754-####. For most phones on campus, you only need to dial the last five digits of the phone number to call another campus phone. An outside line can be reached by dialing 9 for local calls, and 5 for different area codes (this can only be done with an employee access code). Dialing 911 will connect you to Campus emergency dispatch rather than Davis dispatch. Freshmen have the option of getting a phone line in their room.
|This page is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the images button.|
There are campus telephones which anyone is free to use. You cannot dial 9 to get an outside line, but any on-campus calls are free and people with access codes can dial 5 to get an outside line.
- Shields Library Front Entrance inside the 2 sets of glass doors.
- The west side of the bike path by Wellman Hall and Kerr Hall
- Inside the Bainer Hall lobby
- In the Surge II lobby
- In the Wellman Hall lobby
- Inside the 194 Chem lobby.
- At the Memorial Union bus terminal
- Next to the MU Information Desk
- In the tunnel that connects Lower Freeborn and the MU
- On Tercero Hall Circle just east of the Steam Boiler in a red phone booth.
- Inside the Silo
- The VMTH
- Basement of Olson Hall near the vending machines.
- Second floor of Kemper Hall near the vending machines and bathrooms.
See also Payphone project