Davis is full of furry felines and feline-centered people. Some are domesticated, while others are without a home. It is also home to many cat experts and outreach organizations. Please keep in mind that cats are obligate carnivores and cannot live a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle; they derive their energy from quality animal protein. Meow. Meow.
October 29 is National Cat Day.
- Feral Feline Organization
- Feline Lifeline
- Yolo County SPCA
- UC Davis Orphan Kitten Project, a rescue program run by the Feline Medicine Club at UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. Get your new kitty here!
- Yolo County Animal Shelter
- Petco hosts adoptions for the Yolo County SPCA on Saturdays and Feline Lifeline on Sundays.
UC Davis Resident Cats
- Veihmeyer Hall Cat "Frank"
- Outdoor Adventures Cat "Kitty"
- Arboretum Bush Cat "Tig McJRoolems"
Health and Vet Services
If your cat is ill, take your feline friend to one of the many veterinary hospitals in Davis. Also keep in mind that animals can suffer food poisoning as well as people. Other cat centered health resources in the area include:
- The Behavior Center at UCDVMTH - One of the only and the largest pet behavior program in the country. Tips on everything from cat aggression to excessive vocalization.http://www.vmth.ucdavis.edu/vmth/services/featured/featured.html
- The Cat Clinic of Davis Davis' "cats-only" vet.
- The Cat Genome Project at UC Davis. http://faculty.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/faculty/lalyons/Sites/FelineGenomeHomepage.htm
- The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center. http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control
- UC Davis suggestions for dealing with fleas. (link)
- VetDepot Cat Education Center - provides information on a broad variety of health related topics relating to cats. Includes really informative and useful information and illustrations.
Cat Friendly Apartments
Will usually ask for a pet deposit of $200-$300 and possibly an additional monthly fee of around $5-$20
- Aggie Garden Apartments
- Alhambra Apartments
- Alvarado Sunset Apartments
- Americana Arms Apartments
- Anderson Court Apartments
- The Arbors - Limit two cats, $250 deposit per cat
- Arlington Farm
- Aspen Village - Although you must agree to keep your cat indoors
- Cascade Apartments
- Chaparral Apartments
- Chestnut Place Apartments
- College Square Apartments
- College Town Commons Apartments
- Cranbrook Apartments
- Davis Townhouse Apartments
- The Drake
- Eastlake Apartments
- Ellington Apartments
- El Macero Village Apartments
- Glacier Point Apartments
- Greenbriar Apartments
- The Grove at Davis 35lb. weight limit, which would be a considerably large cat; additional deposit required.
- Hanover Place Apartments
- J Street Apartments
- Lakeshore Apartments
- Le Tournesol Apartments
- The Lexington
- Oakshade Commons Additional deposit + $15 pet rent
- Orange Tree Apartments
- Oxford Parkside Apartments
- Parkside Apartments
- Pinecrest Apartments
- Pinon Apartments
- Portage Bay Apartments
- Redwood Tree Apartments - $300 deposit and $15/month pet rent
- Renaissance Park Apartments
- Saratoga West Apartments
- Sequoia Apartments
- Seville at Mace Ranch Apartments
- Sharps and Flats
- Sherwood & Forest Arms Apartments
- Silverstone - under 20lbs.
- Stonegate Village Apartments
- Sycamore Lane Apartments
- Temescal Apartments
- University Village - Pet deposit is $400 per pet.
- Viking Apartments
- The Willows
- Woodside Apartments
(Only a partial list, and based solely on other wiki pages; always check with the manager to be sure) (For dog-friendly apartments, see Dogs)
See Also: Feral Cats, Davis Cat Gallery, Wiki Animals, Lost Pets, Domesticated Animals
You must be logged in to comment on this page. Please log in.