Davis offers many opportunities for extracurricular education for kids. Some of these classes are listed here.
- The City of Davis has several resources for finding activities such as On the Go.
- Developmental kids classes 3-8 y/o with a soccer theme. http://www.j4ksoccer.com.
- Alabaster Music Studio - guitar lessons and small classes for ages 7 and up
- Craft Center
- Davis Art Center
- Davis Children's Nutcracker
- Davis Musical Theatre Co.
- Davis Music Teachers Association
- Kindermusik offers music classes for children ages 1.5 to 7 and their parents.
- Music Together of Davis has music classes for children from birth to 4 years old.
- Rebecca Wendlandt Custom Clothing Designs is located in South Davis and offers individual sewing lessons for all ages.
- Sew Many Things! — sewing classes for children ages 8-16
- The Pence Gallery offers an "Education Program" that caters to children as young as 3.
Dance and Sports
See also Youth Sports
- Applegate Dance Studio
- Barefoot Yoga Studio — Baby & Me Yoga Class, Kids Yoga program, Prenatal Yoga. Offers fun yoga classes for kids: invigorating, interactive and creative journeys for your child's developing mind, body and spirit.
- The Bounce Spot — Located in West Sac. Parties, classes and play sessions
- Exercise for Kids
- Pamela Trokanski Dance Workshop
- Davis Indoor Sports Center
- Just4Kicks Soccer Teaching children to learn, understand, and enjoy the beautiful game of Soccer
- Children's Summer Programs
- Camp Kesem - for children of current and former cancer patients
- Camp Putah
- Equestrian Center
- Explorit Science Center - Weeklong summer day camps with hands-on science themes just for children.
- Rainbow Summer
- Chinese - NewStar Chinese School and Davis Chinese School. Also see Chinese Immersion Playgroup.
- Spanish - Cesar Chavez Elementary School and Marguerite Montgomery Elementary School - Spanish Immersion elementary schools
- Lango Davis — Full-immersion Spanish and Mandarin Chinese classes for kids 18 months-3rd grade. Classes meet for 45 minutes once a week, in 6-8 week sessions, at Willett Elementary School.
- Teach Another Language to Kids (T.A.L.K.) offers immersion Spanish and French programs for K-6 students for kids attending Birch Lane School, Korematsu Elementary School, or North Davis Elementary School. Classes are 30 minutes daily before school, in 4-month sessions. Registration is done through the Davis Art Center .
- EFSAC - http://www.efsac.com Education Francaise de Sacramento is now in Davis. This non- profit organization offers after school French program to K-6 students in Merryhill Elementary School from 3:30-5:00 pm on Mondays.
- The Rising Suns Children's Program at the Davis Shambhala Meditation Center welcomes children of all ages and their parents. Sunday mornings at 8:45 - 10:15. Contact: Barbara West (530) 753-2868, email@example.com .
CPR & First Aid
- thinkcpr Offers American Heart Association CPR and first aid courses. Classes include adult, child and infant CPR, relief of airway obstruction and use of an Automatic External Defibrillator. Certifications are valid for 2 years. Primarily a mobile training program, courses may be arranged for a few people or a group of six at your convenience.