New Weekly comedy night hosted and produced by Australian comedian Tim Logan and Bay area comedy legend Ray Molina. Every Monday night from May 7th.
*8pm Monday nights *$7 students $10 Full *crazy brilliant comedy
- Not exactly a club, but a new comedy crew Birdstrike Theater is forming.
I often see flyers for some comedian nights at Cafe Roma, if someone could provide more info that would be cool.
- Laughs Unlimited
- 1207 Front Street, Old Sacramento
- Although they usually do not have big headliners, this is a good place to see up and coming stars.
- They usually have open mics on Wednesdays, although you should always call to be sure. It is a great place to try stand-up, as the crowd will differ from week to week. To sign up just get there early, and get your name on the list. They usually take about 15 people. If you can't get on one week come back the next, as they give preference to people who could not get on the previous week.
- The Sacramento Comedy Spot on the Road
- The Clarion Hotel, 2600 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento
- Performs every other Saturday night
- 8:00 Deep Fried Comedy on a Stick— sketch comedy, $7
- 9:30 Free Hooch Comedy Troupe— improv, $7
- Both shows, $12
- Two drink minimum
- 2100 Arden Way, Suite 225, in the "Howe 'bout Arden Shopping Center
- Great place to catch established comedians.
- They also have open mic nights on Tuesday, they call it a "Showcase". This open mic is a little more difficult to get in. You need to know people and have established your self as an amatuer, as opposed to a "first nighter". Hang out at showcase nights, meet the other comedians, meet the staff, and you should be able to get on after about 6 months of greening it at Laughs Unlimited.
Davis could really benefit from a a regular open-mic venue. Just look at how well RobotMedia has done. I'd start it myself, but I have two jobs. I wouldn't mind be a part of its creation and would definetly perform. -MichaelGiardina