Computer room consultants (who wear blue CRC vests) can be found in any of the campus computer labs. CRCs can help users with computer issues such as login problems, printing problems, hardware problems, software problems, and others.
Usually there are two CRCs in each lab during the rush hours(10 am to 3 pm) to handle the increase in customer service problems and to speed up the long lines. The MU lab is the busiest during the rush hours; you can try the Hutchison lab or the Olson lab, as they tend to be less occupied then.
- Summer Sessions I and II both count as new quarters in terms of printing quotas.
- Students and faculty at UCD are allowed to print 60 sheets(1 sheet = 2 pages if double sided) per quarter for free. Once you are over the quota you will be charged 6 cents for each sheet.
- If you do get charge for printing over the quota, remember to pay soon or else your account will be suspended until you pay.
- If you have extremely large Adobe pdf files to print and want them to print faster, go to PRINT → Advanced → and click "Print as Image".
- To print more than one page on a sheet of paper (i.e. 4 Powerpoint slides on one side) go to PRINT → Properties → Finishing → Select 2 or more pages per sheet.
- To print single sided, when you click print choose the "Single Sided - Wellman 102 (or whichever lab you are in)" printer.
- The CRCs will nag you if you bring in food/drinks - you probably don't want to use a sticky keyboard and mouse with Cheetos all over it either.
- Please remember to logout when you are done or else someone will use your account to print their papers out. This has happened already.
2006-04-08 02:41:09 All the labs including Hutchison and Olson accumulate pretty long lines during busy hours (lunch time). More than once I counted a waitline in Hutchison that was at least 15 people long. Many CRCs recommend going to the Meyer media lab which is most likely not full at any time in the day. —RiyoKwong
2006-07-04 11:21:20 To clarify on the new print charge. You can print up to 60 sheets for free. Once you are over that you start to get charge 6 cents for each sheet. If you print up to 90 sheets then CLM will waive the fee. Anything over 90 sheets you will be charged for the 30 sheets you printed after the 60 sheets. The printing FAQ in the useful link should clarify the print charges. —SimonFung