|Who we are|
|An association of students and professionals|
|of African orgin in the Davis-Sacramento Area.|
|Once a month|
|Aliou Ly (714) 458-1714|
|PO Box 993, Davis, CA 95616|
Where you might find DAC members
- The Davis African Club meets on a monthly basis, usually at International House. Generally the first weekend of the month. For additional info, email email@example.com
The Davis African Club puts on a yearly African banquet fundraiser.
- On Saturday, April 12th, 2008, the annual banquet was held at Harper Junior High School. As in past years, tickets were sold out prior to the event. Proceeds went to the Dan Kasarri Communities in Niger and DAC's Adopt-a-Family in Davis.
- New in 2008, a silent auction featured African masks, fabrics, jewelry and other items including an 8-day stay in Hawaii and a gallon of Somali spiced tea, made from a secret family recipe.
- Program included performances by "Drums of Africa", Brazilian Samba, modern African music and a keynote speech by Dr. Moradewum Adejunmobi
- In March 2007, the fundraiser benefited the Margaret Okari Foundation for Kenyan orphans with AIDS and the local family services organization, FamiliesFirst.
Delicious African food is served at the banquets. In the past, this has included:
- a traditional staple food of East Kenya, chapati
- Tunisian cousous & meat stew
- Ugandan ugali & Kilakila (beans)
- Gambian benechin (rice)
- Mauritian Rougaille
- Afro-Cambodian chicken patty
- and much more...