These are the games which involve food and or drinks in Davis, or just eating things that are not even food at all. But they are contests nonetheless, and are great at barbecues.
Food Eating Challenges
- Band-Uh Sushi Challenge
- Extreme Milk Duds Challenge
- In-N-Out — Consume the largest NxN burger you can (N patties, N slices of cheese — including bun). This guy did a 20x20.
- Michael Mosca established the local record for four 4x4 meals (fries included) in 23:17 in February of 2010, after the local restaurant prohibited customers from further purchasing the NxN burgers.
- JabberWokky did an 8x8 as a challenge. It gets cold and congeals before you can finish.
- ToddKaiser once ate a 6x6 and couldn't sleep for the next two days.
- Shanghai Town — The Lion's Head Casserole is a soup suspected to have upwards of a pound of meat.
- Redrum Burger — Order the Annihiliator meal and polish it off as fast as you can. I think they used to have an official contest for this.
- Super Giant Burrito
- Sacramento's annual Peep-Off - Every year just after Easter.
- The Greay Scurvy Race of 2003
- The Wonderbread Experiment - Can a former UC Davis football Player eat an entire loaf of Wonderbread in a single bite? (Now with disgusting picture goodness.)
- Coho South Cafe — Eat a Quad Chili Stack in under 30 minutes. Winner's get their picture on the wall.
Restaurant Eating Challenges Near Davis
- Knucklehead Challenge at Parker's Hot Dogs in Roseville (finish five pounds of chili dogs and fries)
- 49er Club at Vic Stewart's in Walnut Creek (finish a 49oz steak and get a certificate and your name on the wall)
If you come up with any unofficial eating competitions or food items, put 'em up. Show some pride.
Though not worthy of its own page, my friend and I in high school would go to Wal-mart or someplace cheap and each get a six-pack of pudding each and raced to finish it. In our later years we reduced it to sharing a six-pack and doing three each. —MichelleAccurso