|302 G Street|
|FIT House has classes 7 days a week!|
|You can sign up online at:|
|Jennifer Miramontes, Lisa Herrington, Blanche McNaughton and Caryn DeMoura|
FIT House is a specialty fitness studio in Davis, California owned by Jennifer Miramontes and Lisa Herrington who bring over three decades of industry experience and the most sought after certifications in the fitness industry. They pride themselves on continuing education and staying ahead of the fitness curve and have a tremendous ability to challenge the athlete/client while keeping them injury free. FIT House specializes in personal and small group training, bootcamp classes, Barre FIT classes, SpinFIT, yoga classes (Power Vinyasa and Yin), and athletic team training, and strives to help each client exceed their goals and take their health to a place they never imagined. All instructors hold the most comprehensive certifications in their specialty areas and provide an environment of encouragement and community.
Power Vinyasa Yoga, a practice rooted in Ashtanga, is an athletic yoga practice that links breath with movement. In Power Vinyasa Yoga, practitioners flow from yoga pose to yoga pose on breath, building strength, flexibility, and stamina. FIT House Power Vinyasa Flow Yoga classes are 75 minutes in length.
Types of Classes
Power Vinyasa Yoga: Power Vinyasa Yoga is a combination of deep breathing and specifically sequenced sets of flowing yoga postures. It has the ability to build strength, increase endurance, release tension, and create more flexibility in the entire body. And it’s a calorie burner - an average 140 pound person will burn 450 calories in a 60 minute session.
Yin Yoga: Yin Yoga is designed to leave you feeling relaxed, stretched and energized.Yin yoga holds postures for 3 to 5 minutes and is done in a cool room… the polar opposite of a hot Vinyasa class. Yin yoga works with your connective tissues and fascia and uses time, gravity and your own body weight to facilitate a deep stretch and maximize the effects of each posture.
* FIT House also holds workshops throughout each month, please visit our website to see upcoming events and workshops.
Tips and Etiquette for New Students
- Take good care. Take water when you need it. Take child’s pose when you need to rest or reconnect with your breathing.
- Take your shoes off. Yoga is done in bare feet.
- Bring a mat, a towel, and water to class. An appropriate yoga mat is important to keep you safe and comfortable during your practice. This practice is a very physical practice with a cardiovascular component. You will likely sweat and need to be hydrated.
- Show up early. The class may tend to fill up quickly. Allow yourself time to settle in on your mat before class begins.
- The room is warm. The room is heated and kept warm, approximately 87 degrees. Heat helps warm up your muscles for your safety and it helps build equanimity.
- Clothing. Wear clothing that is comfortable and allows freedom of movement.
- Allow yourself to have fun and try something new.
Try Power Vinyasa Yoga now with our 10 days for 10 dollars offer
- $10.00 for ten days of our acclaimed Power Vinyasa Yoga class
- The ten days starts with attendance at your first class
- You are welcome to attend as many yoga classes as you'd like in the ten day period
- This Introductory offer is available to new students of our yoga class only.
- Drop in $15 per class
- Student Drop in $12 per class
- YOGA ONLY 10 Class Pass $125
- YOGA ONLY Student/ UC Davis Employees Unlimited Monthly $85
- YOGA ONLY Student/UC Davis Employees 10 Class Pass $100
- YOGA ONLY Unlimited Monthly $125
- Wendi McCaskill, RYT 200
- Jessica Mendoza, RYT 200
- Taylor Rynicki, RYT 200
- Kim Kirtlan, RYT 200
- Lisa Hershey, RYT 200
- Hana Raftery, RYT 200
- Oana York, RYT 200
- Saira Din, RYT 200
- Karen Wilkinson, RYT 200
- Jessica De Los Rios, RYT 200
- Katy Benson, RYT 200
2011-05-09 16:56:12 Great class! The instructor is very knowledgable and helpful. I am so happy that Power Vinyasa Flow is being taught in Davis. —KimberlyHatcher
2011-08-22 11:27:01 I just completed my first Power Vinyasa Yoga class with Kathryn Pollster at The Fit House. If you live in Davis and have been driving into Sacramento for this flavor of yoga, check out yoga at The Fit House. As of today, they are offering 7 classes (Monday-Saturday, see web site/Facebook) and will offer more as demand increses. Rob Kane —RobKane
2013-01-14 14:23:44 I have only attended a few classes here, but so far I am hooked! The Vinyassa classes are very athletic and challenging, but in a very approachable and inspiring way The instructors are wonderful, the other practitioners are warm, and overall this studio is so welcoming. I highly recommend this studio, and I wanted to say thank you to the staff for awesome student rates! —kelseycee
2013-04-26 13:43:12 My wife has been an avid Fit House junkie for the past two years and I finally was ready to give it a try. I signed up for their 10 days of Yoga classes for 10 dollars. I have zero yoga experience and while a bit intimidated I can say that all three instructors I have had so far have been incredibly encouraging and I have really been enjoying these classes. Very impressed with the instructors and the I appreciate that the facility is not a fishbowl and feels very private. I never expected to enjoy yoga so much for both the mental and physical challenges and benefits I have realized from these classes and I will definitely be coming here regularly from this point forward. —loneshark