Fairfield is a city located roughly 30 miles southwest of Davis. It lies on Interstate 80 past Vacaville. It is located approximately 40 miles from both San Francisco and Sacramento and is considered the midpoint between both cities. It is also the county seat of Solano County and home to the Jelly Belly Factory/Headquarters.
- Fairfield/Home Makeover On July 29th 2005, ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition began demolition on the house of Susan Tom of Fairfield, California.
In June 2003 a mysterious crop circle appeared in a field on the corner of Rockville Road and Suisun Valley Road. This was the second crop-circle to appear in this field but was by far the biggest.
Things to See in Fairfield
- Budweiser Brewery
- Jelly Belly Factory - free tours and samples
- Travis Air Force Base
- Rockville Hills Regional Park - Nature trails and Bike Paths. Located off of Rockville Road. Note also the old stone wall surrounding the park build by indentured servants long-ago.
- Solano Town Center - A 2 story, 1,040,000 square foot shopping mall housing over 125 stores and restaurants. Includes stores such as Macy's and JCPenney.
- Regal Edwards IMAX Theatre - A large 16 screen multiplex run by Regal with huge screens and luxurious decor located at Solano Town Center mall.
Famous People From Fairfield
- Cat Cora of Food Network fame. She stars on Iron Chef America and is head chef at the Hilton.
- Pat Morita aka Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid
- American singer H.E.R. attended Rodriguez High School in Cordelia.
- Professional WWE wrestler Sasha Banks was born in Fairfield on January 26, 1992.
Main Roads and Navigation
- When coming from Davis along Interstate 80 major off-ramps are North Texas, Waterman/Air Base Parkway, Travis Blvd and Abernathy/Chadbourne.
- Travis Air Force Base is at the very end of Air Base Parkway.
- Budweiser Brewery and The Jelly Belly Factory are both off of the Abernathy/Chadbourne exit and are visible from I-80
- Rockville Hills Regional Park is on Rockville Road. which is the first left off of Abernathy. There is a Roundabout at this intersection.
- Bicycling is fairly common especially in the summer months despite there being few bike lanes on roads. There are three bike shops. One is at the corner of Rockville Road and Suisun Valley Road, and the other two are on West Texas Street.
- If you're passing through and need somewhere to eat....
- Mary's Pizza Shack - Located on Travis Blvd across from Raley's. This is the same restaurant as the one in Dixon. Pizza and Pasta for a medium price range.
- Hibachi Grill and Buffet - On Gateway Blvd behind the Solano Town Center Mall. Buffet with decent food for about $9.
- Hop-Hings - On Oliver Road, slightly behind Raley's. Very cheap chinese food. 2 items and chow mein for about $4.
- Red Lobster, Mimi's Cafe, Chevy's, Fuddruckers, Panera Bread, Mel's Diner, and Johnny Carino's are all located off of Travis Blvd. across from the Solano Town Center Mall.
- Okhura - Japanese food. Rather pricey during dinner but have some very nice lunch combination for around $6-7. Located right by the gate into Travis Air Force Base. Make sure you lock your car, it's not a really good area. Pizza Hut is also in this parking lot, as well as 3 bars and an Adult Superstore
- Adalberto's Mexican Food - On North Texas Street. Cheap Mexican restaurant with a drive-thru.