- Fairfield/Home Makeover On July 29th 2005, ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition began demolition on the house of Susan Tom of Fairfield, California.
In June 2003 a mysterious crop circle appeared in a field on the corner of Rockville road and Suisun Valley road. This was the second crop-circle to appear in this field but was by far the biggest.
Things to See in Fairfield
- Budweiser Brewery
- Jelly Belly Factory - free tours and samples
- Travis Air Force Base
- Rockville Park- Nature trails and Bike Paths. Located along Historic Route 40 Note also the old stone wall surrounding the park build by indentured servants long-ago.
- Edwards Cinemas Stadium 16 A large 16 screen multiplex run by Regal with huge screens and luxurious decor located at Solano Town Center mall.
Famous People From Fairfield
- Cat Cora of Food Network fame. She stars on Iron Chef America and is head chef at the Hilton.
- Pat Morita aka Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid
Main Roads and Navigation
- When coming from Davis along Interstate 80 major off-ramps are North Texas, Waterman/Airbase Parkway, Travis Blvd and Abernathy/Chadbourne.
- Travis Airforce Base is at the very end of Airbase Parkway.
- Budweiser Brewery, The Jelly Belly Factory, and Wal-Mart, are all off of the Abernathy/Chadbourne exit and are visable from I-80
- Rockville Park is on Rockville Blvd. which is the first left off of Abernathy. There is a Roundabout at this intersection.
- Bicycling is not very common and there are very few bike lanes on roads. However there are three bike shops. One is at the corner of Rockville Road and Suisun Valley road. And the other two are on West Texas Street.
- If you're passing through and need somewhere to eat....
- Mary's Pizza Shack - Located on Travis Blvd across from Raleys. This is the same restaurant as the one in Dixon. Pizza and Pasta for a medium price range.
- Hometown Buffet (Recently Bought JJ Norths from the same location) - On Gateway Blvd. behind the Solano Town Center Mall. Buffet with decent food for about $9.
- Hop-Hings - On Oliver Blvd. slightly behind Raleys. Very cheap chinese food. 2 items and chow mein for about $4.
- Red Lobster, Fresh Choice, Marie Callanders, Mimi's Cafe, Chevy's, Blue Frog Grog and Grill, and Johnny Carino's are all located off of Travis Blvd. across from Solano Town Center Mall.
- Okhura - Japanese food. Rather pricey during dinner but have some very nice lunch combination for around $6-7. Located right by the gate into Travis Air Force Base. Make sure you lock your car, it's not a really good area. Pizza Hut is also in this parking lot, as well as 3 bars and an Adult Superstore
- Baldo's Mexican Food - 1730 W. Texas St., just off 80. Authentic Mexican taqueria open 24-hours, with a drive-through or sit-down. $4 - $9 depending on what you order. Run by the same people as the Baldo's Mexican Food in Vacaville, but this location is nicer and in a better part of town than the one in Vacaville.