Feral Bikes are cagey, sometimes elusive critters found throughout Davis, having said adieu to houselife and taken up on their own under the big blue sky. Life is often difficult for the poor things. Some have even had seats or wheels amputated, and have been left to fender for themselves.
Reasons for leaving home
- Not enough exercise
- Depression when their owners graduate and get a job farther away
- Starved for TLC (Tender Lubrication and Care)
- Love affairs with Feral Cats, often involving sharing a plate of one uber-long spaghetti noodle, culminating in a kiss.
If you find a feral bike, please do your best to trap it and ensure it is spayed or neutered! These things will breed like rabbits if left alone, and in no time Davis could be overrun with rusty little trikes.
Feral Bike Sightings
- Mondavi Center parking structure, back near the L2 Lot
- Bike racks at Memorial Union
- Lurking around most Campus buildings. The more skittish ones can often be observed creeping about at night.
- Ancient ferals can be found at The Marketplace
- Some ferals take refuge in dumpsters and can't get back out
Be careful, some might be working the streets.