Frog Pond Trail is an intermediate level hike in the Cache Creek Natural Area about 20 miles northwest of the town of Esparto along Hwy 16 (see maps). It's about an hour and a quarter from Davis. The trail goes through oak, grey pine and chemise habitats. There are panoramic views of the Cache Creek canyon, including Glascock Mountain and Fiske Peak.
Hiking Trip Reports
- Cache Creek Natural Area, Frogpond Trail - BRT Insights 30jan2012
- Frog Pond Trail - Justinsomnia 03may2009
- Frog Pond Trail photos - heringermr 29may2005
- Frog Pond Trail - yolohiker
- Frog Pond Trail at Cache Creek Rec. Area - Oh, Ranger!
- Cache Creek Natural Area, Bureau of Land Management California Frogpond Trail & other trails nearby.
- Cache Creek Regional Park -Yolo County government Blue Ridge Trail and Frog Pond Trail - access from Road 40 area that leads to trail heads and BLM lands.
More nearby: Hiking in Yolo County.