|630 Peña Dr., Ste. 400 Davis, CA 95618|
Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) is a a professional educational association for the international geothermal community and is a non-profit, tax-exempt, educational association 501(c)(3). Formed in 1970, GRC was incorporated in the state of Washington in 1972, and in California in 1981. GRC has members in over 40 countries and an office in Davis, which stores their online Geothermal Energy Research Library.
The stated goals of GRC are to:
- Encourage worldwide development of geothermal resources through the collection and timely distribution of data and technological information.
- Promote research & development and exploration of geothermal energy in ways compatible with the environment.
- Serve as a public forum for the world geothermal community, providing transfer of objective and unbiased information on the nature of geothermal resources and techniques of geothermal development.
- Cooperate with national and international academic institutions, industry and government agencies to encourage economically and environmentally sound development and utilization of geothermal resources.
Their website also states: "With the experience and dedication of its diverse, international membership bolstering a 40-year track record, Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) has built a solid reputation as one of the world’s premier geothermal associations. GRC serves as a focal point for continuing professional development for its members through its outreach, information transfer and education services."
GRC membership is open to any person, organization, agency or company.
GRC maintains the most comprehensive geothermal technical library in the world at its offices in Davis, California, and on its website at: [www.geothermal-library.org]. Through keyword search, the GRC Online Library offers title and author citations for more than 30,000 papers, articles, books and other geothermal energy publications, with new listings are added to the database on a regular basis. For its members, GRC’s online Geothermal Energy Research Library offers thousands of GRC-copyrighted technical papers from its Transactions, Special Reports and Bulletins as downloadable PDF files.
- Steve Ponder - Executive Director
- Estela M. Smith - GRC Office Manger - Memberships & Meetings
- Chi-Meng Moua - Library Associate/Web Master
- Anh Lay - Office Associate - Bulletin & Roster Advertising
- Brian Schmidt - Librarian
- Ian Crawford - Communications Director, Managing Editor, GRC Bulletin
- U.S. Geothermal Energy Association http://www.geo-energy.org/default.asp
- International Geothermal Association http://www.geothermal.org/iga.html
- Great Basin Center for Geothermal Energy, University of Nevada Reno http://www.unr.edu/geothermal/
For more links, visit http://www.geothermal.org/links.html