Davis is well-known for its fantastic environment for kids. The city is full of good places to take kids, plenty of which are fun for parents too.
- Davis has a plethora of fantastic Parks
- Explorit Science Center
- Davis Paintball Center is a great place to play paintball for kids ages 8+.
- Davis Farmers Market (and Picnic In The Park in the summer time), and the Davis Flea Market
Central Park Play Fountain(currently turned off)
- Impossible Acres has farm animals, pumpkin patches before Halloween. During summer months it has a U-Pick patch for berries, cherries, apricots, etc.
- The carousel in Central Park during Picnic in the Park and the Farmer's Market.
Third and BUnless your kids like looking at bicycles.
- The Davis Food Co-Op is a great place to shop with kids. They have mini-shopping carts and a coloring area.
- The MU Bowling Alley has bumpers, light balls and even a ramp suitable for even the youngest of kids.
- Davis has multiple public Swimming pools
- For a very simple Davis outing, the intersection of 2nd and H streets features a great fountain, trains, and pizza by the slice near lots of benches. You can't lose.
- If you have a group of kids you can arrange a UC Davis Barn Tour
- California Raptor Center has lots of cool birds, including a bald eagle. There is a one-room educational museum packed with interesting activities like identifying bones pulled from owl pellets.
Outside of Davis
(sorted by rough distance from Davis)
- Vic Fazio Yolo Wildlife Area
- California State Railroad Museum - $35 year-round pass for a kid gets 1 adult in free with the kid. Conveniently located within walking distance of the Amtrak station for even more train fun. Appropriate for toddlers and up - children too young to enjoy the exhibits will probably have fun with the train table.
- Gold Rush History Center - Very well set up for kids; Davis Explorit members get in free.
- The Sacramento Zoo - An excellent zoo well set up for kids (of course). Funderland and Fairytale Town are right next door.
- The Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield gives free tours - Weekdays are best since that's when the cool machines are running.
- The Sacramento Children's Museum in Rancho Cordova is designed for ages birth to eight-years-old.
- The Nimbus Salmon and Steelhead Hatchery - Any time of year, but early November is the best
Other Activities For Kids in Davis
Seasonal Events For Kids
|Picnic Day has more things to do than you can fit into a week let alone a day.
|Celebrate Davis hosts tons of stuff for kids.
|Many events for kids, including a kids parade (2 blocks long) and, of course, July 4th Fireworks
|Downtown turns into a wonderful shop-to-shop trick-or-treat fest.
|A candle-walk 2 blocks long to the Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony