The Governor's Ball was an annual fundraising event sponsored by and benefitting The Agora Project as well as the Yolo County SPCA. Named in honor of Governor Pope, a much loved dog, the ball invited the community to eat, drink, and be merry while celebrating the Governor's birthday as she supported socially conscious, local, non-profit organizations. Attire at this zero-waste event was casually elegant or ethnic chic.
The 2005 event, celebrating Governor's seventh birthday, featured a festive evening at Putah Creek Lodge in the UC Davis Arboretum with several live musicians, dancers and performance artists. Tastings from the Davis Food Co-Op, wineries and breweries were offered as attendees perused works by local artists, bid on fabulous silent auction items, conversed with like-minded socially conscious young professionals and students, and danced the night away; hosted wine & beer from 8pm-11pm was provided by sponsors. Pre-registration for the 2005 event cost $24 or $34 at the door, with contributions tax deductible.
2005 Live Performances
- The Emperor's Jazz by DJ Paul Gordon
- The Dave McLean Flamenco Troupe
- Sacramento Capoiera Arts Academy
- Exhibition Canvas by Tracy Villa Carrera
- Ceramic Wheel by Tyler Hawkins
- Community Canvas
Friends & Supporters
- Britt Steele Boutique, Capoeira Agua de Beber, City of Davis, Concerts4Charity, Covell Village, ACE Hardware, FedEx Kinko's, Fido Friendly, Propane Studio, re:house by Dorothy Rosenberg, AIA, Tandem Properties, TheCoup.org, Mustard Seed, Stonegate Dog Park, University Park Inn and Suites, Phillip Poor, M.D.