Hops are plants used to make beer and can also be used in herbal medicine. They can be grown by planting rhizomes in the spring. Vines will grow during the summer and die back to the ground in the winter. After about three years, the first crop will be ready to harvest. There are many different cultivars of hops, each imparting different characteristics to the beer they are used to brew.
Where Hops are Grown in Davis
- Hops are grown at the North Davis Nugget Market above the beer cooler. They are not available for purchase.
- A number of people grow hops at the EC Garden. The Merry Growlers of Davis started and documented how they grew hops in 2009.
Where to Buy Hops
- Woodland Homebrew Supply, Woodland, CA
- Original Homebrew Outlet, Sacramento, CA
- Folsom Brewmeister, Folsom CA
- MoreBeer!, Concord, CA
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Davis Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|