- Aggie Inn
- Best Western Palm Court Hotel
- Best Western University Lodge
- Days Inn Davis
- Econo Lodge
- Hallmark Inn — Visiting athletic teams stay here.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davis University Area
- Hyatt Place UC Davis — 51,000-square-foot, 75-guest-room hotel next to the Mondavi Center
- La Quinta — Formerly Hotel Davis
- Motel 6
- Residence Inn by Marriott Sacramento Davis - Davis' NEWEST all-suite hotel!
- University Park Inn and Suites
For the Whole Earth Festival, the Hippies just seem to sleep in their vans/busses, and booth owners sleep in their booths. Evan and Sarah actually found a couple sleeping underneath their car when they left the chemistry lab late one WEF night (not recommended for heavy sleepers!). Nevertheless, I'm sure the hotels get a lot of business that weekend as well.
Busiest times for the hotels in town are Picnic Day and the slew of graduation ceremonies in June. Many hotels sell out months in advance and rates are considerably higher during these events. Don't count on being able to walk in anywhere. If the hotels are all booked up there are more and larger hotels within a 20 minute drive. Woodland, Dixon, West Sacramento, and Sacramento proper all tend to have rooms available closer to the events.
If you are visiting you may want to check out the Yolo County Visitors Bureau to gain additional information about the community.