Incense is something that one burns in hopes of producing a strong, pleasant scent that tends to linger if used indoors. In Davis, it is most often found in the form of a perfumed stick, although other types do exist. Incense produces a wispy smoke-stream that many find relaxing to watch. It is sometimes burnt as an offering to gods or other entities. Some people believe that it can be used as a meditation aid. Still others use it to cover up the smell of marijuana.
People regard Nag Champa as the strongest and among the most popular.
You can buy incense at the following places:
- Aggie Liquor - The incense seems to be mostly of low quality. Several of the varieties have sexual names.
- Himalaya Gifts
- Illusions - Seems to have a varied selection.
- Quick Shop Market - Only sells Nag Champa, but who could ask for anything more?
- Tibet Nepal - Good selection of high quality incense.
- Davis Food Co-op
- Nugget Market sells high quality incenses and oil
Or buy yourself a strawberry alarm clock.