At one point UC Davis operated an incinerator in addition to a landfill; around 1994 it was taken out of operation and dismantled.
While it was operational it was used by:
- The Secret Service — to dispose of counterfeit currency
- Yolo County Narcotics Enforcement Team (YONET) — to dispose of marijuana
- Engineering students — to burn rice hulls for the concrete canoe
- campus — to dispose of animal remains and at one point confidential paper
After the incinerator was removed this building housed the R4 Cardboard Baler.
Doesn't the Primate Research Center have an incinerator for all the dead animals?
- Oh, no... not the counterfeit currency and marijuana... that's like the staple of a college student's existence. HeeHee. Just kidding.
- I used to work there - never knew it was used as such...Thanks Wiki! MikeSiminitus