His platform to bring a rail jam to UC Davis still remains. Progress has been made in conjunction with the Ski Or Snowboard Club.
Rosales became a center for controversy during the 2008 ASUCD budget hearings, where the president determined that he was extremely intoxicated while attending. The president asked Rosales to leave as a result of that determination. See http://theaggie.org/article/822 and http://theaggie.org/article/824 for more information.
Fall 2007 Election
|Fall 2007 ASUCD Election|
|Lula Ahmed-Falol * Erin Harrington * Johnathen Duran * Chad Roberts * Lauren Thomas * Tracey Zeng|
|John Dreyer * Andrew Kim * Rebecca Lovell * Erika Perez * Jesse Rosales|
|Joe Chatham * Edward Baraona|
|Winners are in bold|
Rosales received the Davis College Republicans endorsement on November 14, 2007.
2007 Candidate Statement
I will bring professional snowboarders, UFC fighting and increased Ag-outreach to the UC Davis campus. What I will do:
- I have already been working with the Ski or Snowboard club to bring you a Rail Jam on Toomey Field. This event will feature the exhibition of world-class snowboarding talent performing tricks in front of and for college students.
- I have also been actively pursuing UFC as an event being held in the ARC Pavilion. UFC Fighting, enough said.
- As a top-tier agriculture school I feel it necessary to increase Agriculture Awareness and Outreach on the UC Davis campus through increased interaction with Ag student-organizations.
- Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity Recruitment Chair
- Department of Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology Field Assistant
- Ski or Snowboard Club
- Seneca Foods Corporation Field Representative, Yuba City/Marysville
Furthermore, my motives for running are simple and sincere. The events I am planning are rare for college campuses to host and as a result, will gain UC Davis much deserved attention and excite students about more events to come. Thanks for your time and your consideration.
Fall 2006 Election
He previously ran for ASUCD Senate on the Student Focus slate in the Fall 2006 ASUCD Election. A minor controversy involved his giving out free energy drinks at a table adorned with his campaign fliers. No court case was filed because his bid was unsuccessful and the drinks were part of a promotion unrelated to his Senate bid (Senate candidates are often involved with multiple organizations, due to the candidates' level of activity on campus). The first time he ran for ASUCD Senate he promised to bring a rail jam to the campus on the UC Davis quad. At the time he didn't have any cost estimates.