|Questions? Contact their President|
Our Mission Statement To educate female college students and to assist them in their own personal ambitions in the field of health care; to encourage development of leadership, communication skills, and maturity; to provide support academically, socially, and emotionally; to promote individuality, unity, and diversity.
Kappa Gamma Delta holds Fall and Spring rush during the respective quarters of the academic year. Rush week for the fall quarter of the 2014-2015 school year dates include:
October 13— Information Night at Wellman 202. Come learn about the sisters of Kappa Gamma Delta and the different community, social, and academic activities of our sorority.
October 14— Pizza and Games Night— Steve's Pizza (314 F Street)
October 15— Alumnae Night— Wellman 202, Come listen to alumni of Kappa Gamma Delta who have gone on to pursue careers in nursing, surgery, family practice and more.
October 16— Interviews— TBA. Please dress in appropriate professional attire and schedule an interview with the pledge mothers during any of the events earlier in the week.
Kappa Gamma Delta began during the winter quarter of 1993 at the University of California, Davis when students Charlene Tran and Marge Lee envisioned a professional sorority that would provide support for women during the pre-medical process. Our founding mothers are Maricris Belisario, Chong Choe, Mindy Compton, Pamela Hy, Marge Lee, Kathy Pham, Jennifer Skinkle (now Jennifer Schwartz), Charlene Tran, Gwen Tran, Aileen Tiew, Carolyn Trieu, and Julie Tse.
Since its inception, Kappa Gamma Delta has provided female college students with a source of academic, social, and emotional support. Between our alumnae network, close ties with the community, and a diverse sisterhood, we are able to provide our members with everything they need to be successful in life. Kappa Gamma Delta offers its sisters an environment that stresses the balance between hard work and fun, and gives it's members plenty of chances to do both.
The sisters of Kappa Gamma Delta are active in serving the community in the Davis/Sacramento area as well as abroad in Guatemala. Some of our local community service opportunities include:
- Health Fair held during spring quarter on the UC Davis campus with partnerships includingBlood Source, The House, AMSA, CAPS, Willow Clinic, Shifa Clinic, Camp Kesem, Pre-Pharmacy Society, Pre-Dental Society, Kaplan Educational Center, and Vietnamese Cancer Awareness Research and Education.
- Trick or Canning, a non-perishable food drive to benefit the Food Back of Yolo County
- Turkey Trot
- Davis Stampede
- Davis Community Meals
- Blood Drives held on campus with ASUCD and Blood Source
- Project Linus
- Relay for Life
- Service Abroad in Guatemala and Peru
A sisters of Kappa Gamma Delta have gone on to a range of career fields including medicine, veterinary, public health, dentistry, optometry, government, and many more. Below is a list of schools that alumni have attended or currently attend:
- University of California, Davis School of Medicine
- Cornell University
- Western University of Health Sciences
- University of California, San Francisco
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- California State University, East Bay
- Colombia University
- Chicago Medical School
- Touro University
- Arcadia University
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Tufts University
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
- Southern California College of Optometry
- St. George's University
- University of Southern California
- Drexel University
- University of Pacific
- Rutgers University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Mayo Clinic School of Medicine
- Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government
- University of Washington
- Dominican University