To join the Karma Patrol family and find out about upcoming meetings and volunteer opportunities for 2013: sign up HERE!
Please come to the 2013 Karma Patrol Gatherings! Wednesdays at 7pm at the "Mee Room" (room 342) of the Memorial Union April 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th May 1st, 8thEach meeting is a fun and unique experience based on the dreamspell of the day and you will get to meet the staff members who have plenty of cool volunteer opportunities to share with you!
The Karma Patrol is the name for all of the volunteers that make the Whole Earth Festival possible. This is the name of the volunteers going back to the 70's (except for the years 1999-2005 when it was called Chaos Control). The Karma Patrol is a stellar Davis tradition, with around 300-400 fun-loving volunteers each year that realize what is more fun than just attending is to be part of the behind-the-scenes makings of this annual free festival!
The Whole Earth Festival is always looking for volunteers for all sorts of positions! All are welcome, regardless of having been to any KP Meetings or previous WEF's!
This year's (2013) KP directors are Derek "BeeLove" Downey and Devin Gabhart
Where we NEED Help
- Compost and Recycling
- Whole Earth REusables Cooperative - THE dish program
- All of our stages (Quad, Cedar, DJ, and Dance)
- All of our spaces (2 Speaker spaces, experiential space, kids space, hands on crafts, art space, drum circle)
- Roaming and Roving (checking to make sure the vibe is flowing properly) — now called Space Keepers
- Questions and Answers folks
- Folks to watch spaces while Staff take breaks
- SET UP: Moving hundreds of bike pods, hay bales, and set up from 8pm wed until noon on Friday
- TAKE DOWN: and clean up from 6pm Sunday night - 8am Monday morning
- Many, many, many more spaces, jobs, and helping niches
What we give you
- FREE Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at KP foods in the MU. Cooked by the Coho, totally made as much from our garden as possible, mostly organic (almost 100%), vegan and vegetarian, and soooo tasty...
- A free T-shirt that is hand printed on organic cotton with beautiful festival art!
- Some love, hugs, support, and education along the way
- PLEASE NOTE, you must work at least a good amount of time during the festival to get fed and clothed...
- The chance to 'Let it all hang out' during some of our celebratory celebrations!
MEETINGS FOR KARMA PATROL
Please come to the 2013 Karma Patrol Volunteer Gatherings! Wednesdays at 7pm at the "Mee Room" (room 342) of the Memorial Union April 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th May 1st, 8th
Is it possible for high school students to participate in karma patrol? - JulienBiewerElstob
- High school students have generaly been allowed in the past. Go to a meeting to join, or call the Experimental College to find out more. - ColinWalsh
2007-07-09 22:17:28 I wish to register a complaint against the name "Chaos Control." It implies that chaos is somehow bad, and is likely to offend chaoists, chaosophers, Discordians, and like ilk. —BarnabasTruman
2007-07-09 22:38:23 The complaint is dully noted; Since the name "Chaos Control" is not in use, this seems like a quibble with no particular relevance. —DougWalter
2007-07-10 09:46:36 I know people now don't have to worry about it, but what about the oppressed chaos-friendly of the '70s, '80s, and '90s? For their sakes, could we retroactively change the name? —BarnabasTruman
2007-07-11 09:12:17 I understand that you're makikng a joke. The name was Karma Patrol until at least 1993. Now you get to make a stupid comment about how oppressive the six years were prospectively for the "chaos-friendly" in previous decades. —DougWalter
2007-11-12 20:00:28 Have you any idea how arrogant using the name "Karma Patrol" makes you sound? I guess you don't or you wouldn't have used it. I'll let you guys into a little secret - among the vendor community you guys are the laughing stock. Want to know why you always sell out of booth spaces and people put up with your silly/arrogant rules - money - we earn a lot of it at your show - no other reason. With out that, we'd all tell you where to put your self-righteous rules. but while we are make good sales, we are going to keep smiling at you sweetly (and giving you the finger behind your back) See you in May. —CcitizenSmith
- Hahaha, this cracks me up. I always figured there were vendors who felt this way.
- Hey, feel like using your real name to back up your words? Or are you just going to insult others while hiding behind the internet? —BrentLaabs
- What - so you can throw me out of your show? I don't think so. Are you going to censure my comments again? - that's not very American of you - I'm not insulting you, I'm telling you what the vendors really think about you - sorry if it hurts - try going to another show and asking what the vendors think about your show - make sure not to tell them how you are and I think you'll find out that i'm speaking the truth - sorry if it hurts. —CcitizenSmith
- It's somewhat ironic that at the perhaps more conservative Picnic Day everything is free and at hippie The Earth Festival the place is packed with vendors trying to make money. I avoid the Earth Festival because of that and the crowds. —JimEvans
2011-10-01 19:06:30 I really want to join Karma Patrol this year! —Tparkeressig