King of Hearts is Alpha Phi's spring philanthropy event that raises money for the Alpha Phi Foundation which supports cardiac care. A 3-day fraternity competition, the King of Hearts winner is announced at the end of the third event, the Date Auction, which is a really fun event open to everyone both within and outside of the Davis Greek community (so spread the word!). Members of the community can also support King of Hearts by sponsoring a bowling team for the bowling tournament and/or by donating blood at the blood drive!
Monday April 24th:
- "KingPin" Bowling Tournament: each fraternity has a 4-member team that play two games at the MU Games Area. Sponsor a fraternity team with a donation for the Alpha Phi Foundation, and your business logo will be displayed in the image rotation at the Games Area!
Tuesday April 25th:
- "Take Heart" Blood Drive: donate blood in the name of your favorite fraternity to earn them points at the BloodSource blood drive at Freeborn Hall! Just mention which fraternity you want to support at the registration tables.
- "Scavenger Mania" scavenger hunt: Each clue will be heart-related, and the team that earns the most points wins!
Thursday April 26th:
- "Phi-abilous Date Auction" @ the Alpha Phi house @ 8pm: Come one, come all, tickets are $2 presale and $3 at the door! Davis' finest Greek men will be auctioning off dates, as well as a few dates with the ladies of Alpha Phi. We will also have a bunch of REALLY COOL RAFFLE PRIZES including tickets for two to Six Flags Marine World and a year's supply of ice cream! Each fraternity can auction dates with up to 3 members, so spread the word and make sure you don't miss out on this fun-filled event!
All week long:
- Penny Drive: we will be tabling outside the MU on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so support your favorite fraternity by putting positive points in their jar with nickles, dimes, quarters, and bills. If you want to add negative points to another frat add pennies to their's!
- Win our Hearts: each member of Alpha Phi will have ONE heart she may give out to a fraternity member who goes above and beyond during King of Hearts week. This could include carrying the member's books to class, buying her coffee every morning, or taking notes for her in class.
More Information on The Alpha Phi Foundation
- The Foundation is well known and respected internationally as a prominent leader for the Greek community as an important funding source of education in women's cardiac health, leadership development, and philanthropy
- The Alpha Phi Foundation is a non-profit organization that serves as the philanthropic and educational arm of Alpha Phi, one of the oldest national sororities
- This is the organization that donates the larges sum to the American Heart Association annually
- Our philanthropic priority is to combat heart disease- The #1 killer of women in North America!
- The Alpha Phi Foundation has been supportin Cardiac Care programs since 1956
- All proceeds from King of Hearts, as with all Alpha Phi philanthropic events, go toward the Alpha Phi Foundation