|8685 Pleasants Valley Road|
|Winters, CA 95694|
|8:00 AM - 4:30 PM daily|
Lake Solano is a reservoir on Putah Creek in the coastal foothills west of Winters on the boundary between Yolo County and Solano County. It sees more than 200,000 visitors per year. It is good for activities on or off the water. Some popular activities include: Bicycling, Bird watching, Boating (no motors allowed), Camping (RV and tent), Fishing, Hiking, Picnicking and Barbecuing (enormous barbecue pits), Sunbathing, Swimming, Wildlife photography. See the road map, satellite map and topographic map.
They rent boats paddle, canoes, sit on kayaks for $10/hour. Day use parking is $6 for the day as of July 2015. If you have your own boat there is no launch fee.
If you get out on the water you can either go upstream under the bridge which will let you go up to the island, or downstream to the diversion dam. The water tends to be very calm and can be surprisingly clear at times.
There is a surprising amount of wildlife around the lake; mostly waterfowl and other birds, but also legions of squirrels and even some deer (no hunting!). Of course, the most common wildlife is the type that likes to feed off the crumbs and handouts of fat picnickers.
The bridge is located on the road that divides the park between the sides picnic and campings. People fish from the bridge, and even when they are not there the array of fishing lures caught up in the high voltage wires that also cross the water testifies to their having been there.
New Zealand Mudsnail Infestation
An infestation of New Zealand Mudsnails was discovered on October 30th, 2003.
- Lake Solano County Park hiking trails - BRT Insights 04march2013
- Me and My Dog: Lake Solano County Park and Campground 23jan2013
- A Brush with Color: Lake Solano Campground 15june2012
- Herb's Blog: Biking to Lake Solano Park 16april2012
- Camper Van Extravaganza! Day 8 - Lake Mendocino to Lake Solano - AWOL in Atlanta 08jan2012
- Kelley L Cox: Drive to Lake Solano 17march2010
- 2 Wheel Turner: Lake Solano 05july2008
- Out In Nature: A Review of Lake Solano Park 09april2008
- Lake Solano - Oh, Ranger!