On the UC Davis campus, most buildings have a Loading Dock that accepts shipments and expels shipments. For some reason, people dump old things they no longer want on these docks, often getting in the way of loading and unloading things. Any items on docks are still university property; University policy governs the disposal of surplus items and the legal way to obtain any of them is to go to Bargain Barn. Anything with a property tag will likely be missed. In spite of this many long-time Davis residents use Loading Docks for Dumpster Diving or finding useful things that are being discarded. Most loading docks are most well-stocked on Wednesdays can someone verify?
Things regularly discarded at Loading Docks
- Electron Scanning Microscopes (sometimes)
- Desktop accoutrements
- Computers, Monitors, Printers (may not work)—but some are museum pieces
- Miscellaneous plastic and metal device-construction materials.
Be careful of your own safety including watching out for hazardous materials like broken glass or toxic chemicals. Bring a car or bike-trailer if you expect to take anything.
List of Loading Docks
- Haring Hall near 1227 Haring (facing the Silo)
- Briggs Hall near <somewhere>
- Cowell Student Health Center near west side
- King Hall just off of the parking lot for King/Mrak Halls
- PhyGeo, down in the pit off of California Ave.
- Hutchison Hall has one on the North side
please add to this list
|This page is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the images button.|