Lower Freeborn is home to various campus organizations and services:
- AS Papers
- The Pantry
- KDVS Recordings
- The California Aggie
- El Rodeo
- SPAC's business office — if you're looking for SPAC, you probably want to be on the 4th floor of the MU.
- The MU business office (MUBO)
- DPI Graphics & Design Services
- A dance studio called The Space
- Lockers for student organizations
- Project Compost
- CoHo and Freeborn Hall storage rooms and industrial dishwashing room
- The cleanest bathrooms on campus. Seriously, I go in there barefoot.
Lower Freeborn can be accessed via:
- The south side of the building
- The north side of the building
- The MU Games Area — head down past the bowling lockers
- The MU — elevators and stairs
The ceiling of Lower Freeborn Hall, in between the basement and the first level, can be accessed if:
- You have a flathead screwdriver and a short ladder
- No one else is around
- You're not afraid of asbestos
"Live in the KDVS Hallway"
- The hallways of Lower Freeborn have also been used as a recording space by KDVS Engineers on occasion because of the natural reverb and interesting acoustics.
- Notable Performaces Include: Christina Carter and Gown (Officially released under the title "We've" by Digitalis), Peter Walker, Jack Rose, Pumice, Tom Carter and Joel Pickard, Mi and L'au, and Dead Western