|http://www.momsclub.org/ (international group)|
UPDATE: The MOMS Club of Davis has disbanded due to low membership and activity.
"MOMS" stands for "Moms Offering Moms Support" and that’s exactly what they're all about! They are a local chapter of a larger non-profit organization designed to provide support, daytime activities, and resources to moms in Davis who stay at home with their children either full-time or part-time.
The organization provides wonderful opportunities for mothers in our community to connect with each other, have fun, and form lasting friendships.
What They Do:
- Special Weekly Activities & Park Days: A variety of no-cost and low-cost activities are scheduled during various days and times throughout the week to accommodate different schedules. Weekly park days are scheduled along with fun events that appeal to children of different ages.
- Playgroups: Each playgroup is divided by age range and sets the schedule and location that works best for its members. A playgroup leader helps facilitate play-dates and acts as a liaison to the club at large.
- Babysitting Co-Op: Members share babysitting among themselves without the exchange of money. The co-op is intended for occasional—not regular—childcare. Quarterly meetings ensure the co-op is running smoothly.
- Moms Night Out: Special monthly events, typically held in the evenings, give moms a much-needed break from the kids! Events may include dinner, a movie-night, or a special “mom-only” gathering!
- Members Meetings: These daytime meetings are held monthly in conjunction with fun activities to get to know other members better! All members are encouraged to attend (with their children, of course) and provide activity ideas, feedback, and make decisions that impact the club.
Dues are $25 per year and pay for our rentals, supplies, and programs. Prospective members are invited to attend two meetings or scheduled public activities prior to joining.
Should you be interested in joining, attending an event, receiving a membership application or have any questions regarding the MOMS Club of Davis, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in learning more about the International MOMS Club you can visit momsclub.org.
Joining the MOMS Club of Davis is an invaluable way to get out of the house, make new friends, and discuss so many of the concerns and joys we all have in common. After all, who better to understand the challenges and rewards of motherhood than other moms?
They look forward to meeting you and your children!