Meditation may be found in conducive environments and instruction may be available for free, donation or fee.
Some places for meditation are:
- Davis Blue Mountain Passage Meditation Group
- Davis Shambhala Meditation Center
- Buddhist Meditation Group at the Unitarian Church
- Center for Spiritual Living, Davis
- Yoga Bear PC Repair
- Davis Holistic Health Center
- Asian Classics Institute
- Davis Dharmata Sangha
- Diamond Way Buddhist Group
- Bird Path Zen Community of Davis
- Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
- International House
- Davis Serene Reflection Meditation Group
Yoga may include meditation. Tai Chi is a type of meditation in motion. In Buddhism, meditation is the central practice that leads to the cessation of suffering. In popular culture, meditation is typically portrayed as a stilling of the mind while seated on the ground, but the reality is that you can have this type of mindfulness while doing anything.